· Perform data entry, additions and updates to utility account information, and other administrative tasks as necessary to maintain and update the utility usage and energy performance database.
· Perform analyses of building utility usage, including comparison to historical utility usage and costs. Identify and report usage and cost anomalies, missing and incomplete data, and significant changes to usage patterns.
· Advise management of recurring problems and cost savings opportunities.
· Coordinate with Planning, Design and Construction (PDC) to arrange assignment of a Project Manager for design and/or implementation of projects requiring outside services.
· Coordinate with the Project Manager to identify appropriate companies and engage Purchasing or Contracts Administration to procure professional design services for development of project drawings, specifications, and construction permits, as required.
· Perform technical review of project design drawings and specifications as well as provide technical guidance in the development, implementation and use of building management systems to enhance building operability and comfort levels, improve maintenance service, and minimize energy usage.
· Set-up and analyze BMS trends to verify and/or assess equipment start/stop scheduling, economizer mode operation, VFD modulation, terminal box control functionality, static pressure and temperature differential optimization, pump staging, and other parameters affecting efficient energy usage.
· Coordinate with the Sustainability Manager and provide support for sustainability initiatives and reporting requirements. Participate in sustainability meetings and committees.
Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience/training.
Engineer In Training (California State Certification).
Must be a self-starter with ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
Must possess strong time management skills.
· climb ladders, fixed and portable
· conduct training sessions, and make oral presentations to stakeholder groups
· diplomatically advise and consult with all levels of a public organization in matters relating to infrastructure management, capital planning, budgeting, and construction impacts
· effectively utilize BMS/DDC control systems, especially Siemens Apogee and Johnson Controls Metasys systems
· perform ASHRAE Level-1 or Level-2 energy audits, or equivalent
· perform basic computer tasks using MS Office suite of programs
· solicit and manage outside design services by architectural/engineering firms
· work in areas with loud machinery and use appropriate hearing protection
· At least 4 years of work experience in a similar capacity
Knowledge and experience with:
· applicable industry standards, including ASHRAE standards 551, 901, and 621
· project implementation scoping, contractor selection, and construction management
· safe working practices and OSHA reporting requirements
· the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in building mechanical and electrical maintenance repair and construction activities
· working with represented trades
Specialized Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning training (from established educational or training entity).
Well-developed skill in reading and writing in English in order to understand written direction and convey clear, concise, and grammatically correct information.
Working knowledge of design and construction practices, public contract administration, and applicable codes, including CMC, CEC, CCR-Title 24, NFPA 99 and 101.
Working knowledge of HVAC systems and associated theories including thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, refrigeration, electrical theory, motors, and control systems.
· PE license
· CEM certification
· Experience working in a hospital environment and familiarity with standard protocols on systems inherent to hospital operations
· Experience performing engineering tasks for central chiller and boiler plants
· Experience working with an Energy Management program
· Experience performing ASHRAE Level-3 energy audits
· Experience performing retro-commissioning or monitoring-based commissioning
· Knowledge of psychrometrics and use of psychrometric charts
· Knowledge and skills related to compressed air, vacuum, and other healthcare building systems
· Knowledge of current Joint Commission and DHS standards and applicable codes
· Knowledge and experience with building energy simulation software such as EnergyPro, CBECC-Res, CBECC-Com, TREAT, eQuest, DOE-2, or Energy Plus
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.