At Kansas Municipal Energy Agency we have one Vision. KMEA is passionately committed to the success of our members fulfilling their primary mission of providing reliable and cost-effective energy to their communities. We pledge our relentless focus and dedication to providing new and innovative solutions to help our members achieve this mission.
This Vision is shared by each and every one of our employees. If you too share this Vision, our Agency would like to talk to you in our search for a Manager, Finance & Accounting. This position is responsible for managing the accounting function for KMEA’s gas agency (KMGA).
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
· Responsible for invoicing all KMGA project costs and recording those costs in the accounting system.
· Works as an effective team member, working cooperatively with others to assure the billing to member cities is completed accurately and timely.
· Responsible for developing and preparing annual KMGA budget in addition to facilitating the role of primary contact for the auditors during each annual audit of KMGA including preparing footnotes and management discussion for the audit.
· Process payroll on a bi-weekly basis
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Candidate must have a minimum of an Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance. At least 5-7 years the in the field or in a related area, or suitable combination of education and relevant experience considered.
· Candidate should exhibit extensive knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Energy and Gas industry.
· The candidate must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook, and have the ability to learn and adapt to other industry-related, proprietary software. Experience with Sage accounting software is a plus.
· Must demonstrate ability to prioritize workflow and organize diverse material and ability to handle multiple, competing and changing priorities; ability to perform effectively without supervision and within established time limits and ongoing deadlines;
· All Agency employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, both with external customers, vendors, visitors, co-workers, and management staff. Their written and verbal communication skills should be concise and effective, they should aspire to excellence in both work and customer service, they should show courtesy to all they encounter while representing the Agency. They are also expected to maintain an air of professionalism in their interpersonal relationships and personal grooming, exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the Agency, exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others, and openly and actively participate in the direction of our Agency. KMEA views each of these traits as performance indicators, and employee appraisals reflect each of these attributes as an element of performance upon which employees are rated.
About Kansas Municipal Energy Agency
KMEA is passionately committed to the success of our members fulfilling their primary mission of providing reliable and cost effective energy to their communities. We pledge our relentless focus and dedication to providing new and innovative solutions to help our members achieve this mission.
KMEA will remain steadfast in our ongoing commitment of adding value and helping our members navigate the rapidly evolving and complex industry. Our Agency will be actively engaged and responsive to our members’ short-term, intermediate, and long-term energy needs with innovative solutions. KMEA will be at the forefront of emerging industry developments that could adversely or positively impact our members, whether market driven, regulatory or technological. KMEA will be agile, as member needs and market trends dictate, and every employee will bring their drive and expertise to maximize the value we provide our members. We will maintain a member-centric approach; one of continuous improvement, so that we remain the energy solution provider of choice.