ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Use servant leadership skills to manage staff and project work and to form a cohesive team aligned to achieve a common goal.
- Responsible for the overall functioning and project results of the department.
- Assign projects to Project Managers in the department and assist in assembling appropriate project teams and subconsultants.
- Meet staff and department utilization goals by monitoring resource projections, balancing workloads, and communicating with other Department and Operations Managers.
- Ensure project performance through regular project reviews with Project Managers and assist where necessary to correct deficiencies or address project/client issues.
- Develop or oversee development of scope, schedule, and fees for new projects and additional scope/services requested by clients that yield successful projects for clients and the Company.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date project plans are maintained in the Company’s management information system for all department projects, including project fundamentals, labor projections, financial goals, and quality control planning.
- May manage projects.
- Recruit staff in conjunction with Senior Operations Manager/Operations Manager by evaluating workload, backlog, and client/project needs.
- Engage with associates to further their career development.
- Retain associates by engaging in morale-building activities such as one-on-one meetings, collaboration sessions, coaching, training and occasional department or office social events.
- Monitor staff training in conjunction with Jones Edmunds University.
- Regularly communicate with other Department Managers and staff in other offices on department capabilities for workload-sharing and cross-selling to internal and external clients.
- Proactively seek opportunities for leadership and growth by volunteering to assist a senior manager with operational, marketing, or technical activities.
- Manage and resolve personnel issues including performance improvement and conflicts. Manage personnel issues in accordance with the Jones Edmunds Human Resources Manual.
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with clients and potential clients.
- Assist in developing client proposals for projects to ensure a complete scope that meets Company, industry, and client standards and expectations.
- Input, monitor, and update marketing opportunities alone or in conjunction with the Primary Client Contacts.
- Work closely with the Primary Client Contacts to ensure that they are informed of project progress, accomplishments, and challenges.
- Work closely with the Primary Client Contacts to develop new projects and maintain client satisfaction.
- May be assigned as the Primary Client Contact for a client or clients.
- Present a professional and positive image of Jones Edmunds.
- May complete technical tasks including design and quality review.
- Ensure that project documents are consistent with project plans and within project scope and budget.
- Manage data research, collection, and compilation efforts.
- Analyze and correlate scientific and engineering data and recognize discrepancies in results using a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Identify problems, evaluate options for resolution including risks associated with each, and implement appropriate solutions.
- Approve project plans developed by Project Managers.
Quality Program Responsibility
- Responsible for proper quality assurance and quality control within the department and in accordance with the Jones Edmunds Project Management Manual and Jones Edmunds Quality Program to ensure projects meet Company, industry, and client standards and expectations.
- Hold team members and reviewers accountable to the Jones Edmunds standard for quality.
- Verify and ensure that brainstorming is occurring for all projects and participate in brainstorming as appropriate.
- Ensure quality control is being implemented on subconsultant work product.
- Accountable for the quality of work performed by the department.
- Work with team members to maximize profitability while maintaining a high level of quality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: BS in Engineering, Science, Architecture, Management, or related field from an accredited college or university. Four years of project management experience in an A/E firm focused on municipal civil/environmental projects may be substituted for a BS.
Registration: May require registration as a Florida Professional Engineer, Geologist, or Architect
Experience: 10 years minimum of professional experience preferably in a consulting or related field
Minimum 3 years of successful project management
Other: Knowledge of project performance metrics and their meaning
Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable MVR.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Must demonstrate excellent Human Resources management skills by motivating, developing, and directing people as they work and identifying the best people for the job. Must be socially perceptive and aware of others' reactions and understand why they react as they do. Possess excellent critical thinking skills and be able to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems. Must have the ability to choose the most appropriate action by considering the relative costs, benefits, and risks of the available courses of action. Must be able to bring others together to reconcile differences and use persuasion to change the behavior of others. Use servant leadership skills to manage staff and project work and to form a cohesive team aligned to achieve a common goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran/AA/DFWP
Jones Edmunds & Associates will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.,) to fill this position.
As a condition of employment with Jones Edmunds & Associates any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation, drug screen and motor vehicle report.