To support our growing operations in Saskatchewan, Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer to join our Saskatchewan team. The Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer may be seated out of either our Saskatoon or Regina offices and will play an important support role in the organization. This role will provide a balance of technical project work along with the potential to drive and develop new business. A self-motivated individual, who is interested in having more input towards operations and the development of clients and business, will thrive in this environment. He / She will assist in the mentoring and development of the geotechnical group, and continue to develop positive working relationships with other Amec Foster Wheeler offices.
The Saskatchewan geotechnical group currently offers a wide range of services, specifically tuned to the clients’ needs. They currently provide geotechnical services to major clients in the Government, Infrastructure, Mining, Oil & Gas and Industrial / Commercial sectors. This is an opportunity to work in truly consultative environment, interfacing directly with and advising clients. Base of operations can be in either Regina or Saskatoon.
- Manage projects from the proposal stage through to completion, including allocation of budgets, personnel and resources, billing and client relationships
- Coordinate with project management teams and other discipline leads to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieved
- Assist in the planning of and actively pursue new business and project opportunities
- Maintain and develop client relations
- Continue the ongoing development of our geotechnical team through supporting and encouraging technical upgrading and providing direction and mentorship on complex issues and field investigations
- Maintain technical proficiency, including participation in professional practice groups and organizations
- Provide excellent customer service and a commitment to technical excellence
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of training programs
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
- When required, work collaboratively with other departments and Amec Foster Wheeler offices on project related work
- Other duties as assigned