Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Technology or Industrial Engineering or equivalent College Technical diploma
- ASQ Certified Green Belt Six Sigma, CQE or CQT Certification is a strong asset
- Familiar with ISO 9000 standard and quality Audit concepts
- 5 to 7 years of Manufacturing & Fabrication experience and Minimum of 3 years in Quality Departments and Quality Improvement Projects in a QMS environment is required.
- Demonstrated work experience utilizing quality-related tools and methods such as Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Six Sigma, MSA, Process control & capability Cpk, Measurement capability, gauge R&R and real time SPC, preferred
- Familiarity with PPAP - production part approval processes and documentation, with a technical aptitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point and knowledge for analyzing data and have the ability to present data in meaningful graphical presentations.
- Ability to build strong relationship within a team environment with suppliers, customers, management and peers
- Detailed knowledge of extrusion processes for mills and profiles, window, vent and door fabrication or installation, paint, rubber fabrication and manual assembly processes will be a strong asset.
- Have the ability to read and interpret procedures and technical drawings, and accurately use basic measuring devices and instruments and metrology.
- Solid mathematical and analytical skills are required, with superior attention to detail.
- Good attention to detail and a critical eye for identifying defects and subtle colour differences.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and logically with a strong command of the English (read, write and speak)
- Must be self-directed in driving change and prioritizing workload to meet deadlines
- Must be energetic, self-directed in driving change and prioritizing workload to meet deadlines
- Up to 20% travel required.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. unassisted
- Will be required to wear protective equipment in designated areas such as: hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toed safety shoes.
- May be exposed to heat and humidity, loud noise levels and exposure to dust.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
If you MEET the above requirements and are interested in applying for this position, submit your resume along with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org SPECIFYING the title in the subject line.
Accessibility: We are committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially
Alumicor is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agencies please.