A national claims and engineering services company providing advisory, claims and construction management services is seeking a Business Development Manager - with PROVEN account acquisition skills in the construction, insurance, and/ or engineering industries.
This is NOT an internship.
This is a permanent position with outstanding base compensation, bonus program, and benefits package for the right candidate. Will consider relocating candidates - relocation package available.
The Construction Defect Sales & Business Development Manager will target P&C Insurance carriers, general contractors, developers, midstream companies, civil engineers and government officials to position the company for expansion and to deliver on its long-term growth plans. Using a wide variety of business skills and creativity, the Sales and Business Development Manager develops and executes a strategic and targeted business development plan; identifies, understands, qualifies, tracks and cultivates business opportunities and builds relationships. The Sales & BD Manager reports to the National Construction Defect Manager.
Sales and Business Development Responsibilities:
- Investigate construction defect claims
- Travel up to 80% of the time
- Uses proven sales techniques to identify plan and offer solutions
- Develops annual business development plan for target market sectors that meet the overall business goals and objectives and updates on a regular basis
- Works closely with National Construction Defect Manager and executive management team to integrate plan
- Researches and analyzes national market information providing insight into competitor activity, emerging opportunities, and geographical trends
- Communicates and collaborates findings and information with National Construction Defect Manager and executive management team
- Implements strategies and develops contacts to position company as a recommended contractor with insurance carriers, general contractors, developers, midstream companies, civil engineers and government officials
- Offers fresh approaches and innovative solutions based on research and competitor feedback (lessons learned) for the purpose of continuous improvement
Prospecting/Lead Generation/Pipeline Responsibilities:
- Establishes initial contact (both over the phone and in person) with decision makers, owners, engineers and city, county, and township officials
- Takes ownership of interaction with prospects to uncover needs and project opportunities
- Identifies prospects where company has a competitive advantage
- Qualifies potential opportunities early in the sales cycle ensuring opportunities are pursued in a timely fashion
- Updates contact management database to record contacts, document opportunities and track progress
- Assists in branding and marketing strategies to enhance existing brand recognition and expand recognition into new markets
- Builds relationships to ensure company and its capabilities are top-of-mind for potential customers and partners
- Gains an in-depth knowledge of accounts and contacts garnered through on-line professional networking and social media, internet searches/RSS feeds, connections through LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and other applicable resources
- Assists in marketing collateral development and implementation and recommends improvements to current company marketing materials
- Coordinates marketing efforts working closely with internal and external resources
- Serves as a company role model and represents company (as an attendee or a presenter) at trade shows, public relations events, community activities and other client-related events
- Is an active member of local and national construction and other industry related organizations and associations
- Conducts all activities in accordance with company mission statement and core values