Would you like to work for a small public entity that is customer-focused, committed to continuous improvement and values innovation? The City of Issaquah has been listed by Sunset Magazine as one of the Best “Burbs” in America and by Family Circle magazine as one of the best places to raise a family.
We are seeking a progressive, technically skilled, and community-focused individual to fill the position of Senior Transportation Planner. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to grow the position from the ground up and to provide the vision and strategic thinking needed to implement a newly centralized transportation planning program.
As a member of our team, you will:
Coordinate efforts to advance the City’s initiatives and strategic vision for transportation.
Oversee development of the Transportation Master Plan, including consultant selection and overall management of the project.
Analyze transportation systems and policies, identify issues, evaluate potential solutions, and recommend solutions for implementation.
Manage interdisciplinary projects that are technically complex, difficult, and sensitive.
Serve as staff liaison to the Transportation Advisory Board.
Collaborate internally and externally on regional transportation initiatives.
Lead public outreach efforts related to assigned programs and projects; respond to inquiries from the Transportation Advisory Board, City staff, and the community.
Develops work plans, schedules and budgets; coordinates, assigns and reviews work products; monitors progress of projects.
Provides analysis of current and future transportation demand by evaluating level of services studies and by synthesizing modeling.
Recommends and implements measures to mitigate the impacts of construction plans on the City's transportation system.
Bachelor’s degree in Planning or related field; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
Five years progressively responsible experience in transportation planning
Membership or professional involvement with the American Planning Association and Congress for new Urbanism (CNU) preferred.
AICP Certification preferred
The City of Issaquah offers a comprehensive benefits package including a choice of medical and dental options, new staff accrue 24 days of vacation and sick pay per year, free membership to our community center and pool, paid life insurance, long term disability and retirement options including a matching program. The City also offers incentives to pursue further education and training, including Education Merit Pay, an Education Incentive Day Off, and tuition reimbursement.
The City of Issaquah supports workplace diversity. The City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class status. Persons needing assistance in the application process may call the Human Resources Office at 425-837-3040.
About City of Issaquah
Issaquah is a rapidly growing community, well known for its environmental amenities, excellent quality of life, and countless cultural and educational opportunities. The City is a dynamic and growing city of more than 34,000 people, conveniently located off the interstate 90 corridor, just 16 miles east of Seattle. The City of Issaquah has been listed by Sunset Magazine as one of the Best “Burbs” in America and by Family Circle magazine as one of the best places to raise a family.
We enhance lives through public service.
The City of Issaquah will be a progressive, customer-focused, sustainable organization that values its employees and is committed to innovative solutions.
• Sustain Trust - We make trust the foundation of our relationships and cultivate it daily.
• Act with Integrity - We hold ourselves and each other accountable to the highest standards in all we say and do. Our actions are consistently respectful, direct, honest and transparent.
• Lead with Respect - As selfless leaders, we take the initiative to engage others and create momentum to accomplish the City’s vision for the interest of all stakeholders
• Maste...r Communication - We sustain an effective, compassionate and approachable team environment through our actions and words, while understanding that there are different communication styles.
• Own Your Actions - We are accountable for our actions while actively supporting each other to create an atmosphere that leverages our strengths, as well as encourages employee growth.
• ‘Ngaged - We are enthusiastic, focused, dedicated and productive employees who are proactive in our services to the community.