Dorman is looking for a Metrologist with a broad, well-rounded education and/or experience and in which he/she should have a strong grounding in physics and mathematics, especially geometry and algebra. He/she should also have specialized knowledge in several common metrology and engineering areas; not limited to mechanical and dimensional measurements, electrical measurements, time, temperature, and gas and liquid flow/pressure measurement.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. This job requires collaborative and team skills which will manage activities on:
• Metrology/Lab: Vector/CMM (Faro) contact and non-contact measurement, 3D non-contact scanners, Thermal chambers, salt spray, tensile testing, hydrostatic test and other measurement systems commonly used in Automotive testing (not inclusive).
• Review all dimensional reports from scanning, DCRS and DDS, batch record review, reconciliation
• Train others in scanning, probing, and dimension techniques
• Be able to step in and perform scanning and dimensioning as needed
• Document and improve dimensional/test procedures
• Perform Calibration of equipment
• Communicate between lab techs and customers (engineers and product groups)
• Proper use of equipment to complete open lab requests
• Confers with Team to determine testing/measuring feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
• Support teams in developing processes and measuring techniques that will provide the most appropriate speed to market
• Complete the measure/test of products in development or continuous improvement, and develop/measurement test procedures
• Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations, and develops recommendations accordingly.
• Provide appropriate communication between the global offices, product groups, vendors and customers for quality and product development activities.
• A.S. degree in Engineering related field, or equivalent work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Quality Lab Management, Metrology, or other related field. ASQ accreditation is desired.
• Excellent communication skills and strong Team based skills
• Solid computer literacy including all Microsoft Office tools (Microsoft Excel/Access), software and syntax development
• Assist in development and document calibration methods and procedures and help calibrate hand held measurement devices
• Must possess the communication skills (written and verbal) to communicate at all levels of the organization and work self-directed for many tasks
• Must have experience in setting goals and objectives and developing plans for implementation.
• Experience with Solidworks/AutoCad is preferred but not required
• Automotive background preferred but not required
Capability to lift 50 pounds.
Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach, swivel, carry items from one building to another, and speak and actively listen. Noise level is usually moderate.
Dorman Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer; we value a combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V. www.DormanProducts.com
Dorman Products is a leading supplier of automotive and heavy duty replacement parts, automotive hardware and brake parts, and fasteners to the Automotive and Heavy Vehicle Aftermarkets; and a supplier of household hardware and organizational products. Since 1978, Dorman Products has maintained a small company attitude with big company aspirations. Ideation and innovation are what drive our organi...zation and Dorman distinguishes itself by delivering value and solutions to customers and end-users, and to be the first-to-market with new products.