General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) provide a myriad of potential opportunities for civilian and commercial applications, which requires a fundamental shift from the traditionally military applications. This position will serve as the lead technical representative for the emerging commercial RPAS projects at GA-ASI, which includes the aircraft, control station, and support equipment necessary for the safe and efficient operation both domestically and internationally. This includes internationally recognized expertise in civilian aircraft certification, design, manufacturing, or operation, which allows this individual to conceptualize and articulate innovative solutions to the most highly technical and complex engineering problems. Most importantly, experience with manned aircraft civilian certification projects will allow this individual to work with civilian regulators to expand existing rules and guidelines to apply to the entire RPAS. This individual must be able to represent the company nationally and internationally through technical presentations and papers as an expert, consultant, and champion of specialized engineering knowledge. This includes both demonstrating a mastery of current manned aviation certification and operation, as well as an ability to fully appreciate how these concepts can be expanded to unmanned aviation. The position will influence the attraction and retention of new business in the area of commercial RPAS as well as the foremost professional staff. This individual anticipates future technical challenges that will directly impact the present and future engineering objectives of the organization related to the civilian and commercial application of RPAS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES * Conceptualizes and articulates innovative resolutions to the most highly technical and complex engineering problems.
* Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between organizations, government agencies, and international bodies.
* Provides leadership, direction and guidance for developing solutions to technical problems.
* Advises or directs the planning for the implementation of engineering solutions including strategic objectives and timetables.
* Participates in or directs the allocation of technical resources and professional staff to achieve objectives.
* Prepares status/progress reports and ensure compliance, reporting, and safety standards are maintained.
* Provides leadership in representing the technical capabilities of the organization to national and international audiences.
* Functions as an influential presence in attracting and retaining engineering business as well as key professional staff.
* Effectively counsels, mentors and transfers specialized technical engineering knowledge of the highest level and complexity to management, professional and support staff.
* Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
* Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.